Home News December 2008 1st
|Enjoying Thanksgiving in Portland|
|David Mack posted the following messages on JinxWorld.com:|
||Post #1 - You know, that is funny, because bacon was definitely a theme in the cuisine.
First of all, Brian's wife cooked an amazing dinner! She said she watched the food channel for two days and put together a few recipes.
There was an amazing tomato salad, then a wonderful chowder soup (with bacon in it). Then wonderful vegetables and mushrooms carmelized (with bacon in it). This was all fantastic by the way. Then the turkey with bacon basted on it.
Jim Valentino and his son Aaron were here to add to the fun and mayhem. Great to break bread with my old pals! Oeming and Taki picked me up from the airport last night and I walked around Portland today to get some gifts for people and pick up my new hat and sweater to brave the Portland weather.
Post #2 - Our Portland Thanksgiving
Portland has been a blast.
This morning we went to Cup and Saucer on Hawthorne for breakfast.
Then we went to Powell's big mega bookstore. Got coffee and books (and lots of excercise walking that big store), then hit Reading Frenzy across the street.
Then we hit the retro arcade where we played 80s video games and pinball.
Then Floating World Comics, where we met Jason who ran the store and we bought a boat load of books.
Then we hit Escape to New York for some real NY style Pizza.
Then CornBlats' for other snacks to take home. Then we hit Voodoo Donuts!
Then we went back to Brian's and all played some killer Rock Band on our pizza and donut buzz before starting our work for the night!
Tomorrow - looking forward to more Portland adventures. Sculpter Randy Bowen will join us all for dinner, and we have many more hi-jinx planned.
Feel welcome to let us know of any cool Portland events that we should check out...
|MOBA News Bytes|
|DiamondComics.com spotlighted the Mice Templar hardcover ($29.99), which will be on sale Thursday, December 4 and will feature a story co-written and illustrated by Mike Oeming.
Also, series co-writer Bryan J.L. Glass noted:|
||Bill Willingham & Mark Buckingham, of the award winning fantasy series FABLES from DC Comics, along with renowned colorist D'Israeli, provide the Foreword text and illustations for the upcoming MICE TEMPLAR Vol. 1 HC edition shipping this week on 12/4.
This is the edition we've been waiting for:
MICE TEMPLAR Vol. 1: The Prophecy
* Oversized Hard Cover edition
* 262 pages ó Collecting issues 1-6 + extras
* Foreword by Bill Willingham and illustrated by Mark Buckingham, creators of FABLES
* Map of the Dark Lands as rendered by Brian Quinn
* Issues 1-3 revisions in text, art, layouts & color
* 4-page Roll-fold of the snake god wheeled into Dealrach Ard-Vale
* Preview of the second arc: Destiny
* Afterword by Mike and Bryan on the personal significance of their creation
* Reprinting the original Mice Templar short story from 1998 "CASSIUS"
* A HISTORY OF THE REALM by Glass & Dirk Shearer, chronicling the mythology of the Dark Lands
* Representing MYTH, LEGEND & The MICE TEMPLAR by Tim Daniel, showcasing the mythological parallels in the series, with pin-ups by Brian Quinn, Taki Soma, Cat Staggs, Nic Klein, Robert Hack & Stuart Saygar
* Pin-up Gallery by John Broglia, Val Staples, Ron Salas, Victor Santos, Rob Reilly, Kelsey Shannon, and featuring never before seen art from the development of the series by Mike Oeming
* Ribbon bookmark
This extraordinary edition is the perfect jumping on point for new readers, and a terrific re-introduction for those who tried the series and considered those first few issues predictable or inaccessible.
Buy it, or borrow it if you have to, to read the first arc of the series as it was intended...
|Brandon191 recently posted links to videos of Brian Michael Bendis's appearance on the Comic Book Club (Part one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight).|