Heroes4Heroes on the Move
Heroes4Heroes is a 503(c) non-profit foundation that is dedicated to boosting the morale of members of the United States Military by keeping our men and women culturally tuned-in with comic books, DVDs, CDs, books, magazines, and games.
- Mack Attack! Comic book creative powerhouse, David Mack sent three massive boxes of donations to Heroes4Heroes HQ which included 900 signed issues of Kabuki #1 - 4 comic books. Many copies will be a part of shipments to troops while others will be used in future fundraising initiatives. David had the following to say: " We want our service men and women to know we are thinking of them and I'm happy to help Heroes4Heroes in any way I can. They are putting so much on the line, the least I can do is send them signed comics to let them know they are thought of and respected and appreciated, and hopefully this gives them a little slice of home. "
- Packing Party! The trusty H4H volunteer legion is meeting this Saturday at the H4H HQ to pack shipments that leave Monday morning for Iraq. Books, comics, magazines, cards and supplies are being sent out to the 42 soldiers of the 2nd Battalion 6th Cavalry. If you would like to help organize and pack the H4H kits, please show up at Maddness Games and Comics located at 111 E. University Dr. Suite 112, Denton, Texas 76209 at 1pm this Saturday, 1/13.
- Harper/Collins Gives! The publisher of Larry Gonick's The Cartoon History of the Modern World: Part 1 has donated 72 copies of the new release to Heroes4Heroes. H4H is adding 42 of them to the kits that are going out on Monday and the rest we hope will be reading material for troops leaving Fort Hood for their long flight to Iraq. More details at heroes4heroes.org soon.
- Top Cow Donates! Comic book publisher shipped 18 various trade paperbacks (bound collections comic issue) to the Heroes4Heroes HQ for the soldiers. The Darkness, Witchblade, Tomb Raiders and other popular properties will be represented in Monday's shipment.
- Ghouly Boys Gifts! Comic writer/artist 'christopher' of Invincible Studio has sent H4H twenty comic issues and a trade of his comic, Ghouly Boys.
- The annual 'Free Comic Book Day' event, CAPE: Comic And Pop Expo will be hosting its regular live art show as a benefit to Heroes4Heroes at the Metro Grill in Dallas, Texas, the evening of May 5th. Come on out and check out some amazing artwork done for a great cause. More events will be posted soon at heroes4heroes.org.
- Tune-In Heroes! Keep checking the H4H website at heroes4heroes.org for more news, charity announcements, project updates and the art auction and merchandise that will be available soon.
Heroes4Heroes thanks David Mack, Harper/Collins, Top Cow Comics and Invincible Studio for their donations, Maddness Games and Comics for the space and refreshments during the 'Packing Party' and the hosting sponsors of CAPE: Zeus Comics, PVP Online, Pop Syndicate & Fanboy Radio for all of their support.
H4H takes donations of media material that they will directly pass on to active military personnel and raises funds to purchase, transport and distribute the donations. It's our goal to supply specific requests as well as distribute fun surprises. Some of the requests Heroes4Heroes has received are magazines that cover hunting, fishing, firearms and Maxim Magazine.
Thank you for considering Heroes4Heroes as a tax-deductible charity recipient. To donate to Heroes4Heroes, please send donations, both media material and financial to:
9905 Boston Harbor Drive
Aubrey, TX 76227
Or visit http://www.heroes4heroes.org/donate to give via PayPal or major credit card.